- Keep out of direct sunlight. (This fades the polish and causes heat extremes)
- Keep away from direct sources of heat such as: Radiators, Open fires, and Heat Vents
- Keep away from strong draughts and sources of extreme dampness.
Ideal conditions for a piano:
- An ambient temperature of not more than 20 degrees C (68 Fahrenheit)
- Humidity should be between 45% to 55%
- Humidity Below 40% may cause your piano to dry out – glue joints break on keys and loosen action parts!
- Humidity above 70% can cause action parts to seize up – you will get sticking notes and sluggish action. It can cause metal parts to rust and mildew may form on some parts of the piano: Destorying felts effecting the soundboard.
- Our professional technicians recommend a humidifier system installed into your piano. See Piano Saver Systems and register your product for the warranty.
- We have installed and maintain a number of systems for a variety of our clients including 5 full piano humidifier systems for the music department at Brock University.